164, First Floor,
Industrial Area, Phase – I,
Chandigarh – 160002
Phones: +91 172-2650112,
Fax: +91 172-2640178
Show Room No. 19,
Madhya Marg, Sector 7 – C,
Chandigarh – 160 019
These pre-engineered buildings and steel tubular shelters are especially suitable for storehouses, warehouses, factory sheds, aviation hangers and other large span buildings.
BNAL PREFABS PRIVATE LIMITED also manufactures custom made structures for which necessary information regarding requirements has to be intimated by the client and the company works out the best configuration which is ideally suited to the customer’s requirement and is cost effective at the same time.
The prefabricated structures manufactured by BNAL are as under :
1. Poly Urethane Foam (PUF) Insulated Prefabricated SheltersThese shelters are made of pre-coated GI sheet panels with PUF insulation of required thickness and density sandwiched in-between. The panels are joined together using cam locks and tongue & groove arrangement for complete sealing. These panels are used for walling, false ceiling and can even be used for flooring. For smaller structures these panels can be used as load bearing panels, whereas, for larger span structures these act as filler walls and are supported by a structure of trusses, columns and purlins.
These shelters offer a high degree of sound and thermal insulation and are especially suitable in very high altitude areas.
Cement Board Shelters are aesthetically good to look at and are increasingly being used by public and private sector. The DGS&D has approved cement board shelters for rate contract of prefab shelters/huts.The DGS&D system uses two 10mm thick asbestos free cement boards inserted into W shaped GI-profile and filled with 27mm thick EPS insulation in-between. The false ceiling is of single skin panel with 6mm thick cement sheet and 32mm EPS insulation. The steel structure comprises of trusses, purlins and columns with GI sheet for roofing.
Advantages of Prefab Accommodation
- The structures can be built in less than 25% of the time it takes for a similar building in conventional construction.
- The cost of prefab construction is less than the cost of conventional construction.
- Structures are insulated and provide protection against both hot and cold weather conditions.
- They can be shifted from one place to another as per requirement
- These structures are waterproof, termite proof and fire retardant.
- These structures are especially useful in inaccessible areas where conventional construction is not possible.
- They can be easily altered/ modified at a later date as per requirement.
- These structures can be safety used in earthquake prone areas.
Technical PropertiesBNAL PUF Panels are manufactured to meet the following technical specifications:
|Density||40 ± 2 Kg/m3|
|Compressive Strength||2.1 kg/cm2 at 10% deformation|
|Tensile Strength||3.7 kg/cm2|
|Bending Strength||4.0 kg/cm2|
|Adhesion Strength||2.9 kg/cm2 Foam to Steel|
|Dimensional Stability ( 48 hrs )||-25°C - 0.1%
-38°C & 90% RH - 0.1%
-100°C - 0.4%
|Closed Cell Content||90 – 95%|
|Temperature Range||-180°C to + 110°C|
|Thermal Conductivity at 10°C
( Design Value 0.020 k.cal/m hr0C or 0.023 W/m.k )
|0.018 k.cal/ m.hr0C|
|Water Vapor Permeability||0.08 – 0.12 gms/hrm2 (at 90% RH & 38°C)|
Advantage of PUF Panels
- Easy & quick installation.
- Controlled temperatures & humidity.
- Light weight & easy to cut.
- Energy efficient rooms.
- Lean construction.
- High load bearing capacity at low weight.
- Easy repair & replacement in case of damage.
- Good sound & thermal insulation.
- Long life.
- Modular construction.
- Cam-lock interlocking.
- Cold Storages.
- Cold Rooms.
- Clean Room Enclosures.
- Telecom Shelters.
- Controlled atmosphere rooms.
- Refrigerated Vans
- Insulating Roofing and Cladding.
- Living Shelters for Defence Forces.
Special Feature Panels
Insulated corner panels facilitate joint – less corners, Size 300 x 300 mm
Cam Lock Arrangement
Cam Lock Arrangement provides strong interlocking between ceiling, wall, door frame, floor corner and T panels, The cam lock provides perfect and strong alignment between the panel joints. There are spaced at equal distances along the perimeter of the panels foamed strongly into the panels.
Tongue and Groove
Another special feature of our panels is the tongue and groove joining arrangement. In this arrangement the panels are interlocked together by tongue and groove arrangement made in the outer skin of the panels. This arrangement is especially useful for panels which are less than 50 mm thick.